Would you like to look more youthful? Juvederm, an injectable filler offered by the Long Beach, Oceanside, and Levittown, NY, offices of South Nassau Dermatology, is an excellent option if you'd like to add volume to your face and decrease sagging and wrinkles.
How does Juvederm work?
As you get older, your face naturally loses volume. The changes are most noticeable under your eyes and in your lips and cheeks. Unfortunately, loss of volume can change the contours of your face and cause sagging that leads to fine lines and wrinkles.
Juvederm injections fill in areas where volume has been lost with hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally produced by your body. The filler not only combats age-related loss of volume but can also be helpful if you're younger and are unhappy with thin lips, undereye hollows, or other issues.
What issues can be improved by Juvederm?
Your Long Beach, Oceanside, or Levittown dermatologist may recommend Juvederm to:
- Increase the Fullness of Your Lips: Some people are born with thin lips while others notice thinning as they age. Juvederm injections plump thin lips, subtly enhancing your appearance.
- Reverse Sagging in Cheeks: Wrinkles form when skin becomes looser due to sagging. Juvederm firms your cheeks, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Smooth Creases: The filler can also clear around your nose and between your eyes.
- Fill Undereye Hollows: Undereye hollows make you look tired even though you're actually well-rested and can cause wrinkles. Juvederm plumps the undereye area, eliminating hollows and fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Minimize Nasolabial Fold Lines: When you're younger, nasolabial fold lines are only obvious when you smile. As you get older, you may notice permanent lines that extend from your nose to your mouth on either side of your face. Juvederm fills the lines, refreshing your appearance.
- Reduce the Appearance of Scars: Juvederm can also soften acne and other types of facials scars.
How long does Juvederm treatment take?
It only takes a few minutes to inject Juvederm, depending on how many areas of the face will be treated. In most cases, results last about a year.
Revitalize your appearance with Juvederm! Schedule an appointment with the dermatologists at South Nassau Dermatology by calling (516) 520-5280 for the Levittown, NY, office, (516) 766-0345 for the Oceanside office, or (516) 432-7124 for the Long Beach office.